Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

I cried. And cried. And cried.

Saturday, June 19, 2010
I cried for a guy today. I wept for his lost. I mourned for him. I don't even know him. His name is Joash Wee. A young, wonderful life that i've never met and never heard of. Only recently i heard of him from people in church. He passed away in a tragic accident with some of his family members. And for some reasons, I was in his memorial service today.


I cried. For how fragile a life can be. When they played the video of his life's snapshots, i cried so badly that i couldn't even breath. What a wonderful blessed life that he had! In the midst of the most youthful, most exciting and most energetic phase of 23 years old in his life, the Lord took him away. BOOM! Just like that. He is gone. How short and how temporary a life can be.


I cried again. For how he had blessed the people around him with his short, short life. For how he had made a difference and impacted other people's life, using his temporary time on earth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"He had this bright, dazzling smile that captured every hearts."
"He was always an encouragement to people, always humbled himself, despite being so talented."
"He cherished every relationship he had with everyone he met. He called people by their names, and not 'dude' or 'man' or 'bro'. He remembered and honoured everyone with their names. "
"He is the most sincere person i've ever met. He loved everyone so genuinely, never failing to be by your side whenever you needed him. He's the one that's always there for you."
"He's never EMO. He's always there with the big bright smile that will make your day."
"He's the one that is always there when no one cares about me."
"He talks to strangers a lot. He breaks ice and walls between people. He is always the first person to introduce himself to people."
"He invited me to stay over at his place, despite the fact the i just met him twice." 
"He is a really great listener. I can tell him my deepest secrets that i would never ever have told anyone in my life."
"He never complained, despite how much problem he was facing and how stressed-out he was."
"He was so self-less, always thought of other people more than he thought for himself."
"He is the living JESUS in our lives. He was doing what Jesus did with His life. Spreading love unconditionally."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Then I cried again. For a soul that I've never met yet had touched my heart and inspired me so much. I've inspired to be like him. To be like Christ. To be a blessing to people. To leave marks and trials and footprints on Earth before i leave. To be a change. To sow seeds and reap the juicy fruits later. If i can live my life like that, i won't ever regret living. And i won't ever regret dying.


Sometimes we wonder, why does God allow these tragedies to happen to such a loving and wonderful soul. We got angry at God. But believe me, God did this for a better good. Believe me, there's a reason behind everything. It was amazing how God can use Joash to bless so many people in his short life. Even when he's gone, he blessed so many people that doesn't know him. Such as me.


I suddenly realize, it's God who brought me to that memorial service and let me witness a fruitful life of a great man with a great heart.


He had fought a good fight, finished the race, and remained faithful. --- 2 Timothy 4:7

4 Comments to I cried. And cried. And cried.:

ME and only ME said...

you wrote it WELL!!! at least it made me feel something after reading.. :)

Vic Jamm said...

I know how it feels, but keep your head up. :)

I also don't know Joash, but someway we were connected. It's a pain to see someone go so young.

Keep strong, keep faith.

Katetricia said...

yup, well written. Great photography..

and RIP Joash! God has used him to influence others, even till his death...

Felicia Tee said...

thx! btw the pics i took using my lousy phone. some search frm web. haha. thx for the compliments. =]