Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

India's Eve

Tuesday, July 20, 2010
I can't believe that I'm leaving to India tomorrow! TOMORROW! Can you believe it?!

I used to think a few years ago that: why am i gonna start my degree so late? On my 20-ies? Seriously? That's a phase of our most exciting life! By the time i finish studying, I'm gonna be so OLD and GRUMPY!
BUT, see this:

Ever beautiful Gong Li
She is 45!! 45 years old!!!!!!! She's not old and grumpy! In fact, she's much more beautiful and HOTTER than her younger-self:

I don't know how old was she.. Might be in her 20-ies.

My perception towards age changes.You don't have to be young to be pretty, and you are not necessarily ugly when you are old. I realise that i was shallow to say that I''ll be OLD AND GRUMPY when i graduated from India after 5 years. I'll be only 25 years old! Still youthful and fresh!  
P/S : Must start eyeing on anti-ageing products now!

Just have to enjoy myself in India. India is not that BAD afterall(from my friends' perspective.. Gotta see it for myself)! It's just like when people think of SABAH, they thought of:

1.ORANG UTAN!

 2. People living on trees

3. And people wearing leaves.

Yes you do imagine SABAH like that! Don't deny it!! Darn! It's all because of the tourism promo of CUTI CUTI MALAYSIA!

Anyway, now i know not to listen to other people's perspective of the typical India--- dirty, unhygienic, no clean water, no shopping malls, beggars crawling around (SORRY if i offended any of you, it's just an example! ). I'm sure that India is better than this! It's just the people's negative assumptions and effects of the mass media exposing India as a country like one in "Slumdog Millionaire". I shall see it for myself before i make any comments about India =]

India is a country which is full of beautiful contrasts. It is also a land of rich rituals, fascinating festivals and mesmerising ceremonies. The geographical diversity of India makes it one of the most sought after tourist destinations.
----http://www.factsaboutindia.org/

See? We can go travel around INDIA!! If i never got the chance to go India, i probably wouldn't thought of travelling to India. Yes, I was biased that i know. 

Anyhow, I know the Lord is ahead of me in India, preparing the place for me. He will always over provide for us! His blessings and plans for us are always beyond our wildest dreams! And I believe that this chance to study in India itself is already a blessing. It's a test and challenge for me to be stronger, to grow and be closer to the Lord.

Father Lord, I thank you for sending me to India to learn and grow. I pray that you'll continue to teach me to be a blessing to other people there in the new foreign place. Lord i pray that you continue to be with my friends and family when i'm away. Continue to lay your loving hands over them, bless them and refresh them with your love and grace. In Jesus' name i pray, Amen.


Gotta start packing RIGHT NOW!! God, I pray that no matter how many things that i put into my luggage, it won't get overweight in Jesus' name! Amen!

*dissapears*

1 Comments to India's Eve:

joannahan said...

Hey felicia! nice post abt india!:)

Lol. have a fantastic time there and may you grow closer and closer to the Lord!

See you tmr at the airport:)